Friday, April 10, 2009

Slacker

I'm going to seriously try to keep up with this bad boy because I'm hoping someone will find these entries helpful/interesting, and maybe take away the pain and woe that you feel towards braces ;).

My orthodontic travesty has really come along. I'll stop being lazy for 30 secs and post a pic of the pretty kickass progress (if I do say so myself) soon.

So, I'll try to catch up with my life...

Everyone around me has grown accustomed to my mouth disorder, and only when I'm introduced to new victims does the subject ever come up. I've almost forgotten that they were there (besides the random times a wire is poking my cheek rather persistently). I've been wired for 9 months so it's kind of like carrying a child. A rather hideous, but lovable child ;).

I've had a few male encounters so, thankfully, they are not completely repulsive to the opposite sex.

My biggest pet peeve is the dinner issue. My friends like to gather everyone and go out to eat at least once a month, and yours truly has to be careful when she's talking or laughing because I don't want to cause someone to upchuck their meal because I have a whole head of lettuce wedged between my brackets. It's a rather nasty complex I have and I spend the majority of the meal with my hand covering my mouth or my lips making a weird cover over my pearly whites.

I'd love to hear stories of other people's dinner fiascoes if anyone has them... or if anyone is actually reading this... sigh. It's what I get for not keeping up. Sorry guys.

No comments: